10.26.2009

so, today,






as i sit waiting on a crumpled-looking faded red sofa~ i ponder.


~the sopping tea bag hanging in my now-empty brown mug with the pretty scalloped edge. 


~the way japanese people have a hatred of heat in the winter & how they don't turn it on


~having five days of work left- ten days left living in japan


~if finding a job will be easy when we return- or if i'll have to work at yet another place i hate (which would be a repeat of what we are currently escaping)


~wearing the new skinny jeans i just bought from uniqlo (japan's answer to old navy & the gap)


~possibly buying cute flats to wear with them


~the fact that i just finished an amazing book and must attempt to find another which will compare in enjoyment


~all of the beautiful places we have seen while living here (see above pic)


~my fingers turning purple from the cold as i write my blogs into my favorite blue plastic notebook


~the season of scarves, leg warmers, knit hotpants (super popular here right now) and fun knitted hats with pom-poms on top as we are heading to hawaii


~changing my hairstyle (if you can call throwing it up in a messy ponytail a style) haha... 


~all of the people i will miss from our time here in japan


~the crazy food items i will no longer be thrilled to find at the convenience stores


~the fact that i haven't seen the sun in way too many days.... hoping for a bright day today


what are you pondering today? 


happy thoughts!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a silly thing to comment on, but I love the different font sizes and centered text of this post! I've seen this style in a lot of blogs lately, and I've been thinking of trying it myself. Cute cute cute!

    I, too, am ready to change my hairstyle. I'm thinking about getting BANGS! AGGHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i felt silly (in a fabulous way) while making the text different sizes, it's like writing with a different colored pen for each homework answer in the 5th grade. it was liberating and enjoyable, and i'd recommend it to everyone! :)

    bangs would be good on you! you could totally pull them off! DO IT!

    ReplyDelete

comment to join the conversation! i {heart} hearing from you!