5.18.2010

weekend fun.

so this weekend i found myself home alone, but instead of my usual car-less-ness, i had dropped the hubby off for his weekend away. i had nothing at all to do, so i took myself on a bit of an adventure. i drove about 25 miles north of our house to a little town called gatesville. i had no idea what was there, other than a prison. {i only knew this from the endless job searches i have done recently} i found a cute little town square, two parks and lots of pretty stuff along the way. enjoy the pictures! {like i've said before, they are much better when you click on them to enlarge them!}






{this is for an old friend... reminded me of this time him and his friends came to visit.... good times}


8 comments:

  1. How fun! Makes me want to drive 25 miles in a direction I've not driven yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you take beautiful photos. i cant wait to come to texas and have beautiful photo shoots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @suz- it was great, too much fun, really :)

    @lacy- can't wait for you to get here! we got a new lens for our camera because we had store credit from the new washer- yay! it's amazing! we have so many things to do when you come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are a true photographer..is there ANYTHING you can't do well? A chip off the old block!
    Ha! Jay is going to laugh out loud when he sees this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of camera do you have and what lens did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, laur! you are soooo sweet! we have a nikon d60 camera and we just got a 55-200 telephoto lens. i'm so in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes being alone can be such a gift to yourself-You can do whatever your little heart desires!

    I would have totally done the same thing as you (if only I can drive!). I've always loved exploring new places, so this sounds like it would have been quite fun :)

    You take some gorgeous pictures-I loved them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! My little boy I adopted is from that little town - small world!

    ReplyDelete

comment to join the conversation! i {heart} hearing from you!