4.23.2013

Army Star

Army Star 2013a>


I decided I wanted to teach myself how to paper piece, so I tried a random pattern I found online and failed miserably. I got a quick crash course from a fellow quilter a couple of years ago, and then never tried it again. A few months ago I came across this pattern for the Army Star and just fell in love with it. I pinned it to my quilting Pinterest board, and then was too terrified at all of the tiny pieces to try it out.

I got the urge to paper piece again a few months ago and immediately knew I had to try the Army Star before I lost the courage again. I am fairly happy with how it turned out, even though it isn't perfect. I have to find out how you make all the seam intersections less bulky, because that makes the finished product less appealing in my opinion!


Army Star 2013<Army Star 2013

Army Star 2013Army Star 2013

This quilt will be heading home with my mom after her trip here to Germany is over. She was a soldier herself, then an Army wife for almost 35 years, and is now an Army and Coast Guard mom to all 3 of us kids! I'm sure the quilt will look good with all the rest of her patriotic quilts in the house! 

Happy Quilting xx