4.24.2013

Quilters Love Boston

In the past few days I have found some quilt guilds who are asking for help from the quilting community to do some benefit work for Boston. Since Boston holds a special place in my heart, I will be participating and thought you might like to as well!



The first I'd like to share is Quilts For Boston which is being organized by the Boston Quilt Guild:



Message from the guild:

We are asking the modern quilt community to support our efforts by sending us blocks for these quilts. Additionally, we will accept donations of fabric to be used for binding, sashing, and quilt backs. We would like to have the quilts ready to deliver to those in need as soon as possible, so we ask that you send your blocks to us within a month, by May 24th, 2013.

Blocks sent to the Boston Modern Quilt Guild should be blue, yellow, gray, and white. All blocks should be 12½” tall x the width of your choice. That could mean 12½” x 7”, 12½” x 12½”, or anything wider, more narrow, or in between. Please machine piece your blocks in any style you would like. Please use only “quilt shop quality” 100% cotton or cotton/linen fabrics. Both print and solid fabrics are welcome. Our preference is white or light gray 100% cotton thread, but any coordinating thread of good quality will do.

I can't wait to get started on a couple blocks, my mind has been racing thinking of fun ideas already! 


The second I'd like to share is To Boston With Love organized by the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild:


These little banners are so much fun and you can really show your love with your design. The site link above will give you a step-by-step tutorial on how to make them. I made one yesterday and thought I'd share to give you some further inspiration! 


Here is the flag I used if you'd like to make your own: 

(I did file, print and then tweaked the percentage to make it the right size.) 




If you make anything for these benefits, I'd love to see them! You can share them on the Craft4Boston flickr page I created! 

Happy Creating! Xx